Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taylor in Spin Magazine (September Issue) - Article Preview + Pictures!

Spin Magazine recently hooked up with Taylor in New York City to shoot photos for the September issue and talk about her rockin' fashion style.
Pick up the September issue on stands next week to read the article!
Read below a preview of the article and see some pictures!


MORE HERE!

Pretty Young Thing

Taylor Momsen is living the rock'n'roll dream life: The 17-year-old Gossip Girl star's new band, the Pretty Reckless, have just finished a successful run on the Vans Warped Tour and will drop their debut album, Light Me Up, later this year.

SPIN recently hooked up with Momsen in New York City to shoot photos for our September issue and talk about her rockin' fashion style, the "bad experiences" she's had, and why Rihanna annoys her.

"I'm Not a Role Model"

That's what Momsen told SPIN over lunch in a New York City diner, after arriving dressed in thigh-high black nylons and itty-bitty jean shorts with her bleached-blonde hair cascading over skinny shoulders, a look she describes as "high-class hooker."

"I dress for myself," she says. "Clearly, it's provocative, but it makes me feel good. And if the only reason it makes someone uncomfortable is because I'm 17, then that person's a scumbag because it shouldn't matter."

What She's Not

A "drug addict," a "crazy fuckin' psycho who's gonna end up in the gutter next week," or a rebel.

"I'm figuring out who I am and what I want to be doing," she says.

A Provocateur

On the Pretty Reckless' debut, Light Me Up, Momsen wails about getting damaged (the dive-bar anthem "My Medicine"), disrobing (the propulsive "Goin' Down") and fessing up to some "not-okay" urges ("Light Me Up"). Elsewhere, she sings, "I'll let you in through the back door" on a song that could just be about a house party. Right?

"I've Had a Lot of Bad Experiences"

When asked about the basis for these suggestive lyrics, the otherwise chatty Momsen chooses her words carefully.

"I'm not really sure how to answer properly yet," she admits. "I've had a lot of bad experiences, and whether that's from sex or drugs or something else, they are adult experiences that would fuck anyone up."

Rihanna Does Not "Rock"

Momsen is very protective of what she considers "rock," a word she uses frequently.

"People think pop is rock, and the lines are getting blurred. Now Rihanna's wearing fuckin' leather jackets, and it's really annoying."

"Music Keeps Me Young"

"I was at a point where I was getting up and going to work, but I was drained," she says. "Gossip Girl gave me a platform to make this happen faster, and I'm grateful, but if I'm not doing something that makes me happy, then I'm dying. Music keeps me young."

She's Not Just Another Actress-Gone-Singer

"I know nobody wants to like our music. Online, people said, 'I really wanted to hate [the EP] but I like it.' I hope things continue on that path. But I'll be making more records whether people are listening to them or not."

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.